Old August 3rd 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NTSB: Crossfield Not Warned Of Adverse Weather

On Aug 2, 6:44 pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Avweb's story, which has a link to NTSB's factual report, notes that Scott
Crossfield was not warned of adverse weather. However, he did have
access to XM Satellite Radio with a subscription to its basic weather
package. The autopsy likewise isn't suggestive of any obvious causative
medical issue (unless I'm misreading it):

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...t_Warned_Of_Ad...

I am hoping that ADS-B will help to prevent these kinds of tragedies.
Having real-time traffic and weather data streaming into your avionics
from ground stations should make all of us safer if we know where to
look for each other in flight, and we all give severe weather the
respect and wide berth it deserves...

Dean
AeroLEDs LLC
www.aeroleds.com