Old June 5th 04, 05:41 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:47:40 -0400, "Joe Osman"

Ed:

Were USAF Red Horse and Prime BEEF units ever trained in combat

skills
before? Did they see any action that you know about? The Seabees have

been
trained for quite a while by the USMC.

Red Horse and Prime BEEF units did extensive combat construction in
SEA during the conflict, often under direct fire. Seabees, Marines and
Army Combat Engineers also did a lot of remarkable stuff in hot zones.

True, but in my own later experience working with Red Horse, I got the
distinct opinion that they had kind of downplayed/neglected the combat side
of the house the past couple of decades, which might explain why some combat
refresher training was in order.

Brooks

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)