Old February 1st 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Which overhauled Lycoming 0-360 A4M Engine To Fit In My Archer ?

: Supposely, since I've been informed but I haven't flow benched them myself,
: the investment cast superior cylinders flow within 2% each. Much better
: than the 15-17% difference of the old Lyc cylinders of the 1980's era.

... and supposedly 6% more than Lycoming, no?

I wouldn't think twice about non-Lycoming parts. The fact of the matter is
there is a lot of room for improvement in 60 year old engine technology. Lycoming has
no interest in providing improvements over AD-avoidance. New technology might have
some teething pains (e.g. ECI AD's), but one proven they've got a lot of potential for
improvement.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *