Old March 15th 21, 11:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JAB

Default soliciting comments on the Pipistrel Apis 15m

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 02:28:52 -0700 (PDT), Alfredo Santoro
wrote:

Just stopped in on this Usenet group, an outsider...so my comments may
be in error

Silent IN Zanzottera engine.

Zanzottera MZ 34 and MZ 35 - "The engine was originally designed and
produced by Zanzottera Technologies of Italy, but the design was sold,
along with the rest of the company's two-stroke ultralight aircraft
engine line to Compact Radial Engines of Surrey, British Columbia,
Canada."

"turn wrenches"...it's hard to find a techician willing to learn

Here is a manual dated 14-12-01 :

https://www.poweredparaglidingcolorado.com/Resources/mz34-mz35-engine-manual.pdf

which gives trouble shooting details.

When I click on the Compact Radial Engines URL, its redirected to this
site:

http://www.fiate.net/en/

2 cycle engines do require periodic maintenance...replacing spark
plugs, removing fuel (carb/tank/line) when not in use for a period of
time, would be the main considerations

If engine is still being manufactured, there may be a shop manual for
later built engines