Old November 12th 03, 11:50 PM
Rosspilot

Default Letter from TSA

I opened my mailbox today and found a letter from the Transportation Security
Administration. "Gulp", I thought to myself. What did I do?

Turned out to be an answer to a letter I had written months ago (July)
regarding the damn Presidential TFRs, and the difficulty they were presenting
to pilots.

The letter, signed by Adminstrator J M Loy himself, was very polite and
understanding in its tone, and assured me that they were all working together
(Secret Service, FAA and TSA) to minimize impact on GA's business and provide
adequate security for the Pres, etc . . . "we will continue to strive for a
reasonable balance, etc, etc . . . "

The last line is the one that really bothered me, though. It said, "Our
primary goal has been and always will be ensuring the public's security from
any and all *aviation threats*." (emphasis mine).

www.Rosspilot.com