Old November 8th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
Morgans[_2_]

Default Screw It's Aircraft Tie Down System

While I agree the first message was spam, I don't see that the two
recommendations are sock puppets.

was posted using Google Groups. The third was posted using Outlook
Express from the US.

Paths are completely different.

If they are different, my mistake.

I thought I correctly looked at the paths, and that they were the same.

I do wonder how they would work in much of the soil at OSH. Parts are very
rocky, parts not.

I also fail to see how they could be easier or quicker than the claw hold downs.
You can put in or take out a claw in less than 30 seconds per side. How could
you do that with a screw? You couldn't. Also, a screw takes a lot of torque,
and with a claw, you hit it with a hammer, and take them out with a pry. Not
the kind of effort like the torque to put the screw in, in hard soil.
--
Jim in NC