Old May 26th 04, 12:14 AM
Teacherjh

So, assembled wizards, should I be logging PIC time in IMC? or not?

(oops)

You can LOG "PIC" time if you are the sole manipulator of the controls (...).
You cannot =be= "PIC" if you are not rated and current for the plane and
conditions. You are not instrument rated, so you cannot BE PIC in IMC.
However, you can still LOG PIC time.

The trick is to understand that "PIC" means two differnt things in the two
different contexts. In the context of logging, it means one thing, in the
context of "final authority for the operation of the aircraft" it means
somethning else. "PIC" and "PIC" are synonyms.

Jose