Old August 21st 03, 03:42 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Rick, good advice... Everyone operates a bit differently... For a routine
approach and landing I leave the mixture and prop set at cruise the whole
way until shutdown on the ramp... If I need to go around it is a burned in
habit that everything goes to the firewall with one, fingers spread wide,
push....
That will change if I am landing at a fly-in with oodles of traffic or if
the weather is rough and scummy, then I will bring the props up to 2500 and
mixture 90% rich about the time I turn final, since the odds that I will
need to jockey the power are greater in those conditions...

Denny
"Rick Durden" wrote in message
m...
Roger,

You have people who are running the engine full rich all the time. It
was not built for 100LL fuel, so it needs to be leaned in cruise and
in descent