Old August 20th 04, 07:43 PM
Judah

It's a "Dry Hail". Your plane will barely feel it...

"news.verizon.net" wrote in
news
I'm on my way to Flagstaff AZ late next week in my peashooter 172. I'm
watching the radar as thunderstorm after thunderstorm passes through
the SW. The last couple of days the forecasts mention 1-inch hail at my
destination! I've never flown the SW before. The FBO in Flagstaff kind
of downplayed the hail when I called. "Oh ya, it's been on the ground
in town but not out here,,, plenty of folks are parked on the ramp so
they must not be worried".

Any tips on whether I need to worry? Any folks in the high county have
some words of wisdom? What's normal in AZ for this time of year? They
want $80.00 a night to keep it in a hanger.

Thanks

Dan