Old May 19th 17, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Sorry if I jumped the gun in discussing the 18 meter Nationals. I thought it was a done deal. Perhaps not. I certainly hope so. Seminole would be a really fun venue for Nationals.

Andrzej that's funny. The first thing I did when I heard about is Seminole 18m Nationals in May 2018 (during SGP USA last month) was also to try and convince Rich to go with April. I had similar reasons. The reason they were thinking May was, at least partially, to avoid interfering with Perry. I believe that there were also sensible reasons such as staff exhaustion. With the 2018 FAI SGP USA Orlando again scheduled for late March (also 18 meter), a corresponding April 18 meter Nationals would be extremely efficient for pilots looking to compete in both events. Some of the Europeans and Australians who are already beginning to plan for FAI SGP USA 2018 could potentially do compete in both events "back to back."

Scheduling contests is always a challenge. Regardless of the dates, Seminole will be a hot spot next season. They will likely host three great events by May. My entire soaring season may be competed with only one major drive ;-).

Sean