Old June 4th 04, 06:46 AM
Dave Eadsforth

In article , Howard
Berkowitz writes
In article , "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:48:53 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

For the cabinet war rooms no, for Northwood nuclear weapons
were certainly a consideration

One must assume that the other side would have made an awful mess of NW
london just to knock out Northwood.

That assumption was fair I suspect, I never thought
the Soviets would take us off the target list cause
Brent Council declared us a nuclear free zone

*sigh* should they, then, have built Northwood in Slough?

I assume you are thinking of:

'Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough,
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow,
Swarm over, Death!'

Post-war, Slough council did invite Betjeman to visit - to witness that
things had been improved. He declined...

Cheers,

Dave

--
Dave Eadsforth