Old January 21st 20, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Questions/Comments about OGN

On Tuesday, 21 January 2020 21:11:58 UTC, wrote:
I'm talking about OGN. A SPOT, InReach, can already do this. (Another device I forgot to mention.) I dunno... it just seems like a solution looking for a problem.

If Flarm is in the glider anyway, then tracking derived from it is nearly free, just the initial possibly shared cost of some ground stations.

People flying over more remote or mountainous areas will probably still like to have Spot or InReach, and/or PLB or ELT