Old February 12th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Lite

Default Turf Soaring available.

Turf Soaring has finally learned that the State of Arizona will renew
its lease for the next ten years. As many of you know this has been
an issue since Roy put TURF on the market and was hindering most
attempts by prospective purchasers. The lease in now in place.

This site is vital to soaring in the Southwest and time is short to
find a buyer. TURF not only includes an active glider port but also an
RV park and land leases that pretty much cover monthly operating
expenses. The sale price of $350,000 includes all gliders and the
towplanes and seems like a bargain to me. TURF is very close to
metropolitan Phoenix and generates a considerable guest ride income.
In additon it has been the home field of the Arizona Soaring
Association, a very active soaring and racing group.

We must make every effort to find a buyer for this site. It is a
national treasurer and I'd hate to see it fall into anyone's hands who
was not interested in keeping it a glider operation. It's up to us to
make this happen. If you know of anyone who would be interested or
are yourself interested please contact Roy Coulliette at 602-684-7627
or at
Time is of the essence. It's up to us as glider
pilots to do our best to help Roy or another prime soaring site will
disappear.

Charlie "Lite" Minner
SSA Director-Region Nine