Old March 27th 18, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Siggi Ingason

Default Pik 20d trailer parts question

At 12:35 26 March 2018, wrote:
On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 3:30:07 AM UTC-6, Siggi Ingason

wrote:
Hi, does anyone know what kind of hub the Pik20d trailer has, as

we=20
need to replace a spring and a few other parts for the auto

reversing=20
mechanise? =20
=20
Thanks
Siggi

Siggi,
Could you be more specific? Is this a trailer manufactured by PIK

or is it
=
a trailer that is used to tow a PIK 20? One thing to consider is that

many
=
trailer manufacturers used standard off the shelf running gear. For
example=
Cobra uses hubs, wheels, etc., that are sold through AL-KO. I once

owned
a=
Bickle trailer that used all standard US hardware sold through the

local
t=
railer and RV supply outlet.=20
Take a close look at the hub that is on the trailer and check for a

name
of=
a manufacturer (Usually in the form of a stamp) somewhere on

the mounting
=
plate and there could even be a part number to make things

easier.=20
I don't know where you are located but in North America a

company called
De=
xter bought out AL-KO and all of their inventory.

Hi and thanks for the reply. As far as I know the trailer is
manufactured by Pik specifically for the pik 20d. I've had a look at
the hobs and can see a manufacturers name on them but I know it's
not a AL-Ko one as I've already looked at their parts and they are no
the same. What I was hoping for was someone who owns a Pik
trailer and has worked on the hub would know what make they
were.