Old March 13th 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

wrote:

On Mar 12, 1:42 pm, Sam Spade wrote:

This is what I was taught for what it's worth.

Not worth much, sadly.

Sadly to you but worthy enough for me. I haven't hit anything below
me by being taught to err on the side of being higher have I?

I still get in on minimums with my method, so call what you want Sam,
but real world works for me. And altitude is my friend in the full
scheme of things.

You're right. I have trouble relating to hobby pilots who get
instrument ratings yet don't want to learn all the rules. Hobby flying
is fine until it gets to instrument flying.

Then again, I flew for a living, and my employer expected me to burn as
little fuel as possible, and arrive on time, while doing it all safey
and professionally.