Old September 29th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Cant

Default Proposed new badge requirements

At 15:54 28 September 2007, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

You will then, no doubt be entertained by the proposal
to remove Camera
and Ground Observers for the Sporting Code from 1st
October 2008.

Tim Newport-Peace

That is interesting news. Perhaps it will/would only
affect a small number of pilots, but would it not be
nice to be informed about the proposal and have an
opportunity to comment ? Where are our representatives
on this ?

Cameras and barographs may be awkward and unfashionable,
but so are Ka-8s and 1-26s. Should we expect to see
some future Sporting Code that allows only glass/carbon
better than 40:1 for Silver badge attempts ? It might
even be a 'safety enhancement'. And it would certainly
reduce the number of impecunious upstarts who presume
to try to take part in the sport.

Open fire !

Ian