Old January 9th 04, 04:26 AM
Charles Gray

Default Mig 29-- how good?

There have been a lot of unkind things said about Russian hardware on
this board...but... There are the following facts.
1. In most cases, it's been U.S. frontline (and face it, Israeli AF
is equivelant to the U.S. frontline air force) against export models.
2. We've been fighting services with very poor levels of maitenance,
professionalism, and just about anything else you care to name.
3. In many caes, we've had great superiority in numbers, operating in
an enviroment where we are the only ones about with AWACs-- quite
correctly, the Air Force isn't interested in making a "fair" fight.

But... suppose we bought a squadron of Mig-29's, provided U.S.
pilots and U.S. level maitenance, training and flight time.
How well would they stack up then? Mainly, how good is the hardware
of the Mig-29, absent the deficiencies in operating it?