Old September 5th 03, 04:06 PM
David Megginson

"G.R. Patterson III" writes:

We are required to file a flight plan or flight itinerary for any VFR
flight beyond 25 nm, but a flight itinerary is as simple as telling
someone where you're going and asking them to call 911 within 24 hours
if you don't show up -- that makes sense for a big, mostly-empty
country like ours.

So. If I call my mother up and tell here I'm flying down and please
call out the dogs if I don't show up by 9, does that constitute
"filing a flight itinerary", or must this be filed with the
authorities?

No, that's about it -- you might also need to tell your mother what
the airports you're flying from and to.

All the best,

David