Old November 30th 03, 04:07 PM
SD Thomson

Steve,

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but I think the magenta line is "to"
and the white line is "from". I often use the OBS for vfr approach,
especially going to a new field. So if the rwy is 27 and assuming i'm
generally east of the airport, I set the obs to 27
and intercept the magenta line (now i'm on the 27 radial to the field --
and the 90 radial from the field)

Maybe this helps.

Stuart

"smf" wrote in message
With a waypoint on my 430 and pressing the OBS button my 430 draws a
"radial". The radial that is on the obs indicator.

What i don't understand is why the radial showing on the display is white
and not magenta? The reciprical of the radial is magenta.
Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Thanks

Steve