Old October 28th 18, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default What electronics are worth buying

I'd like to second Nick's comment.

My InReach sends my wife / crew a text when I land out. The text automatically includes my GPS coordinates. We have written instructions on how to put those coordinates into the tow vehicle GPS unit.

Plus, with those coordinates, at a contest, she goes to the retrieve office, they plug the coordinates into Google Maps, and, boom, detailed driving instructions are printed out.

If I have phone service, I confirm the coordinates from my Oudie just to make sure they match.

Lou