Old October 12th 03, 07:25 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:45:39 -0400, David O
wrote:

Thanks Ron. I was curious about per capita figures so I calculated a
per capita column using state population data from the 2000 US Census.
The per captia figures are per 10,000 people in each state.

Hey, cool! Thanks!

I ran my database and got the breakdown between all aircraft registered per
state and the homebuilts. I've appended the results (plus your numbers) to
the end of this posting.

The results: The state which has the highest ratio of homebuilts per
aircraft registered is...Wisconsin (11.9%)! Followed by Iowa and Indiana,
then Washington and Oregon. Delaware, which, as you mentioned, is a hotbed
of dummy corporations for registering airplanes, actually comes out at the
very bottom (2.3%). Second from the bottom is Alaska (2.7%).

It's interesting that the two states to come out the highest in per-capita
homebuilt ownership are the lowest when it comes to the ratio of homebuilts
vs. total registered aircraft.

Ron Wanttaja
Total Total David's Per Capita
State AC Homeb. Percent (homeb. per 10,000 people)
WI 6550 779 11.9% 1.45
IA 3767 405 10.8% 1.38
IN 5792 557 9.6% 0.91
WA 11103 1053 9.5% 1.78