Old December 23rd 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Who's Boss?

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
wrote in message
. ..

Well . . . I want to be in contact with them because they are trying to
manage the airspace. I don't want to be rude. I know at least two of these
controllers personally. Sort of like knocking on the door before walking
in, but I want to leave if they start making me do something I don't want
to. The problem is that once you accept the invitation to the party, it's
rude to start trying to changing the itinerary. On the other hand, they
know me. I am based there. I am friends with a couple of the controllers.
For me to fly so close to their airspace unannounced is bad manners. My
controller friends oblige, but there are a few guys who don't seem to give
a rat's ass. Anyway, there's no real answer, but seeking it has enhanced
my understanding of the process. Thanks.

You want to be in contact with them because they are trying to manage the
airspace, but if they attempt to manage the airspace by assigning a heading
or altitude to you you're going to decline and leave the frequency?

I think this is that simulator guy (manix?) rising once again from Hell.

As jaded as you are, Steve, why are you so kind to this guy?