Old July 31st 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Get Rid Of Warbirds At Oshkosh

I like warbirds, an airshow without warbirds is like no
airshow at all.

Agreed.

Were it not for the Warbirds, I would not have attended my first
Oshkosh Fly-In, way back in '83. In fact, that's all I thought EAA
*was*, was an organization to preserve and protect Warbirds. I
remember being quite surprised, sometime later, to discover that EAA
actually had local "chapters" with "home-builders" creating cool little
airplanes in their garages.

Thus, the wheels started to spin, and eventually EAA's "all-inclusive"
enthusiasm fanned the flames of aviation within me. As with all
marketing, the "sale" was made on the fifth attempt...or thereabouts...

No, taking Warbirds from the show would instantly eliminate WAY too
many attendees, some of whom just might learn to fly someday, as I did.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA