Old September 15th 03, 03:47 PM
hnelson

I have always been "knot challenged". For about $15 I got a set of nylon
tiedown straps with vinyl coated hooks from Costco. Set of 4. Two long and
two short. The long ones work great for the wing tiedowns on my 182 short
one for the tail. Worked great during a tropical storm in LaPaz.

Howard

"david whitley" wrote in message
Hi group
I need some basic instruction.... I've been noticing tie down ropes. The
knots folks use are all over the map. Is there a basic "best" knot for

tying
down the bird? We're looking at windy weather here in the NE this weekend.
The ropes here on the Vineyard are poly-something.
A link to a picture would be nice.
Dave