Old June 9th 05, 07:37 PM
Marco Leon

Good choice on the Warrior. I bought mine 5 years ago and still think it's
one of the best values out there.

There are relatively few AD's out there on the Warrior and no deal-breakers
but one to watch for is the oil cooler hose replacement (95-26-13) with a
clarification in 1996 (Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin
ACE-96-01). That may cost you a couple of bucks if you decide to get the new
ones but nothing too crazy. Also check out the inside of the muffler with a
flashlight throught the two exhaust pipes to see if the inside is starting
to rust. Having the new copper cables would also add to the value not to
mention really help out on starting.

My A&P as well as others have said that the Warrior is one of the easiest
aircraft to work on and the majority of A&Ps are familiar with it. If it
doesn't have it, get a set of wheel pants as it will add about 5-7 knots to
your IAS. Just don't get them through the factory--too expensive!

Hope you enjoy the Warrior. Good luck.

Marco Leon

"Dave" wrote in message
OK.... we are planning to make an offer on the1976 PA28-151.

700 SMOH, 60 since top (new Cyls) , 60 on prop, clean annual 2 mos
ago. All logs since new. 7700 Total time.

What should we check, watch out for?

Logs indicate this A/C is on it's 3rd set of Stabilator bearings.. ??

Had a wing repaired after a hit by a runaway baggage cart. (!)

Right wing removed and the skins under the wing walk replaced...
AD's we should peruse?

Dave