Old March 1st 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Sales Tax in NJ

Jon Kraus wrote:
In Indiana you are required to notify the Indiana Department of Revenue
and they send you some paperwork to fill out. You enter in the price you
paid for the plane and then multiply that by .06 and cut them a check.

Jon Kraus

wrote:

Hi All

I'm in the process of purcasing my first Plane from a private owner.
The current owner lives in NY state and I live in NJ. I know with cars
I would pay sales tax at NJ Motor vehicles when I register and title
the car but how does the process work with Planes? I was told that you
just snd in a bill of sale and registration form to the FAA and that i
would get a bill from the state of NJ months from now?

Thanks in advance for any info

Panther

Student Pilot

I love Texas. Casual sales between individuals are NOT taxed. We also do
not have income tax.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP