Old April 5th 04, 05:23 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Ed Rasimus
writes
GMAFB! Do we have "friendly fire" incidents reported from the
Revolutionary War? Really?

Certainly multiple reports from Waterloo, cited in Keegan's "The Face of
Battle": the Colonel of the 23rd Light Dragoons was reported as saying
"it's always the case, we always lose more men by our own people than we
do by the enemy" (this after his horse was shot dead under him by troops
of the 52nd Infantry), and there were several nasty fratricides as the
Prussian troops arrived.

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill