Old April 15th 04, 01:19 PM
BUFDRVR

The credibility was regarding the tactical forces doing the deep
strike strategic mission (and suffering 40% or higher losses for
months on end) while the strategic force was doing no-threat tactical
bomb drops in tactical support roles.

I fail to see how this is a credibility issue, the BUFF crews simply did as
they were told. During OAF the B-1s weren't "allowed" to hit targets in
downtown Belgrade while us BUFF guys went there daily (mostly at night, but not
always). From our perspective it wasn't a credibility issue, the B-1 guys were
as frustrated as we were proud.

Everyone around BUFFs should be familiar with
the heritage that was forged during those eleven days.

The problem is Ed, the heritage tought by USAF PME is inaccurate and in some
cases blatently untrue. "The 11 Days of Christmas" is a book circulating
through the BUFF community, hopefully most crewmembers will get a chance to
read it.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"