Old February 23rd 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Signing off....

Casey Wilson N2310D @gmail.com wrote:

I'll come back in a couple weeks and take another look. Not that I really
expect anyone is going to miss me, but I just had to say out loud what I
think lots of others are thinking. I'm just a wimp, I suppose.

You realize that by publicly announcing your departure you have played
right into these spammers' hands? Anyone looking to take down a newsgroup
by posting nonsense loves posts like yours. Ignoring and filtering is what
****es them off.

You really can create one or more filters to clean 90% of the garbage.
Start by deleting any post cross-posted to more than two newsgroups. You
might catch an occasional well-meaning thread, but it will get rid of all
the 9/11 stuff.

--
Peter