Old April 30th 13, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergreg

Default Experience with StarkPower LIFEPo4 Batteries?

On Monday, April 29, 2013 7:08:01 AM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
Most of the folks (myself included) who have switched to the LIFEPo4 seem to be using the K2 Energy 12V/10ah with included BMS based on what I see at the charging station at contests. Today, a club member showed me a competing product from StarkPower which is a 12V/12ah including BMS that's about $50 cheaper. I haven't been able to find the technical documentation on either company's Website to do a detailed comparison of their performance specs (especially the discharge curve), but let's assume they are similar. 20% more capacity for 25% less cost seems attractive. Does anyone have any experience with the StarkPower product?

Tom could you post the results of the independent testing you had done on the batteries you are selling. Maybe it could provide some confidence towards understanding this new battery type beyond just a verbal assurance. There seems to be lots of questions and very little hard evidence on the LiFePo4.. If your independent testing results can validate these products with something more than "I have tried them and they seem to work" it would be a significant step forward to the acceptance of the Stark product or similar products. Not to mention the tenfold cost difference between a SLA and a LiFepo4.