Old June 18th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Emergency Landing-Engine DEAD

Darkwing wrote:

Where I rent we have to sign a release saying that we will not land on any
grass strips, the only time I even landed on a grass strip was in a
neighbors Decathlon when I was just a kid.

I wonder what the reasons are for that restriction. I can understand why
they wouldn't want you landing on a random patch of grass somewhere, but
public airports with grass strips don't strike me as being inherently
dangerous. A well mowed grass strip doesn't even require much in the way of
soft field procedures.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)