Old July 27th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.restoration
Paul Varga

Default Tom Cruise's P-51 Mustang

Military P-51's had an 85 gallon gas tank behind the pilot's seat. Since it
makes the CG kind of screwy for the average joy rider most if not all have
been taken out along with the ww 2 issue boat anchor radios. So actually
most of your civilian Mustangs probably have a jump seat of some sort. TF's
are actually dual control with a second cockpit & panel and longer canopy.
I am not a big fan of his pontification, but at least he keeps the
airplanes in fine fettle.

The guy who played Worf in Star Trek, I believe his name is Dorn, used to
have an F-86 Sabre. Apparently Clint Eastwood flies his own chopper and Gene
Hackman, Patrick Swayze & HArrison Ford are all celeb pilots of note.
Gary Numan (80's techno rocker, "In Cars" was his hit) in England and one of
the guys in Pink Floyd are rock stars who own warbirds in the UK.

Paul Varga
Catskill, NY

"Bob Matthews" wrote in message
The Frozen Canuck wrote:

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message

I saw his interview with Diane Sawyer last night. They showed video of
him flying his sweet P-51. It's a really nice one. It has "Kiss Me
Kate" painted on the nose. He had Diane Sawyer in the back seat. He
also had two other warbirds escorting and filming him. One of them was
a british warbird, I think a Sea Fury, and the other might have been
another p-51. I definitely like his taste in planes better than John
Travolta's.

To bad they let insane people fly planes. I guess if you got enough

What do you mean? Scientology? It's beyond me how anyone can belive in
that.

Millions believe in neoconservativism. Which is crazier?

Cheers

==bob