Old December 29th 03, 09:25 PM
Jim Fisher

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message news:bspvq4
also read: http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/04/open-mikulan.php

A couple of exerpts from that article follows:

"I thought at that stage something was quite wrong," Smethurst says, "so I
asked the man with the coffee if there was some problem."

"I will tell you when there's a problem," he abruptly snapped, according to
Smethurst. Then he pointed to a nearby sign:

Your Silence Is Appreciated"

Jim he Umm, Bullsuqa . . . No, bullsquat ain't enough. I call bull****
on this one. The article was interesting up until this point. I will
refuse to believe that you will ever see this sign on any wall of any
government facility ever in the United States of America. The article gets
even more unbeleviable from here, though:

" As Smethurst's inked fingers were rolled onto the government form, she
noticed its heading: "Criminal." Eventually she was escorted under armed
guard to a pay phone to make the call she vainly believed would clear
everything up and allow her to stay in the country. (...). She was then
handcuffed and marched through the airport to another terminal, where LAX's
main detention center is located. After the phone call she pleaded for
food, having now been away from home nearly 24 hours. Smethurst offered
money for a snack to be brought to her - French fries, potato chips,
anything - but was refused. "

I would be most confident that most of this "story" is made up of complete
lies and hyperbole. If there is any truth at all to the story, I believe
the goofy author obvious did something silly like not registering with the
I-visa program or packing a leatherman in the carry-on or perhaps just
making made a complete ass of herself at the gate.

Don't believe everything you read, Martin.

--
Jim Fisher