Old August 8th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Zaleski

Default Seeking opinion on Penn Yan SuperHawk O-360

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:29:49 GMT, (Zippity)
wrote:

Hi,

Our C172 O-320 is well over TBO and needs new cylinders. We are
thinking we might just bite the bullet and get a new engine at this
stage.

The Penn Yan Aero SuperHawk STC looks like a good option since it
would give us 180 HP - a nice extra safety margin for our short strip.

Has anyone here had any good or bad experience with this engine?

TIA for any info via post or email,

I have had the Air Plains O-360 conversion in my 172N for 16 years
(3500 hours now). I am an A&P and IA. The Air Plains documentation
is much better, the installation is easier, and the product support is
great. It makes a poor man's 182 out of a 172, No complaints. Penn
Yan is right in my back yard, but I don't regret getting my STC from
the Kansas facility.