Old November 6th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default A disturbing statistic

Dan Luke wrote:

"Sam Spade" wrote:

Light aircraft? Not very many.

Cory Lidle, Scott Crossfield, Game show host Peter Tomarken, vocalist
Aaliyah, Mel Carnahan, Tony Lee Bettenhausen Jr., JFK Jr., John Denver,
baseball player Jim Hardin, Art Scholl, Hale Boggs, Buddy Holly, Audie
Murphy, Rocky Marciano, Jim "Gentleman" Reeves, Patsy Cline, Buddy
Clark, Will Rogers & Wiley Post... and that's not including helicopters.
Not many?

How many of those are dead?

Uh, all of them.

Some of those folks flew when biz jets were yet a dream.

So?

Nearly everyone in the *21st Century* in show biz who has the money uses
biz jets, especially since fractional ownership came into being.

So what?

High end turbine helicopters fit into the biz jet category. They are
generally professionally flown. Much of the high-end rotorcraft stuff the
Wall Street Barons use up and down the East River are flown by two crew
members.

Your point escapes me--I guess that makes us even.

The rich folks are not flying around in little single engine birds or
Part 23 twins.