Old July 1st 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike Ash

Default Why don't more Young Eagles become pilots?

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

I read yesterday that the descent rate of a Cirrus with the parachute deployed
is around 1700 fpm, far more than a competent pilot could manage by actually
flying the aircraft. And the maximum speed for deployment is 133 knots.

Can any real pilots who know something about the Cirrus comment on that
1700fpm figure? It seems completely outlandish to me that you wouldn't
be able to exceed 1700fpm in flight, but powered aircraft in general and
the Cirrus in particular aren't exactly my area of expertise.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth