Old February 20th 14, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Excel IGC logging spreadsheet

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:56:16 AM UTC-8, Eric Bick (1DB) wrote:
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 6:54:31 PM UTC-8, wrote:

Had too much free time and I was bored out of my skull, so when pair-flying partner John Mittel (BZ) commented that he was having trouble finding a decent glider logging program that would process IGC files, I decided to give it a whirl.

Thirteen revs and a broken friendship later (just kidding about the friendship!), I think I might have a usable program. If you are interested, see the Soaring Cafe article about it at

http://soaringcafe.com/2014/02/excel...t-for-gliders/

TA

Great. Thanks. I'll have to use this rather than the manual extraction one I came up with for myself.

Eric Bick

This is looking promising, and have most of the data typically needed in logbooks. Notably missing are distance, release altitude and max altitude (altitude gain). This data is available in the igc file but is obviously harder to extract, especially OLC distance and release altitude. I've been waiting for years for someone to come up with a program that can provide all that. I heard from Crosscountry.aero that they are working on such a logbook option.

Ramy