Old August 25th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Terry

Default Least Expensive Plane To Buy and Own

"Michael Adams" wrote in message

I am looking for some input on the least expensive airplanes to own.

Can only speak for myself but a Cessna 150 is tuff to beat for just
simple pleasurable flying. Here's my stats on mine.

Purchased in 2000 for $12,000.00 had engine rebuilt for $8,000.00
airplane in great shape except for high time on engine. New radios,
all upgraded avionics etc came in the airplane.

NO annual in last seven years over $275.00
Fuel burn approx 6 gallons per hour.
Insurance cost $770.00 per year.
Purchased one set of tires, forget what I paid for them.
800+ hours later, Best airplane I've ever owned for my kind of flying.

Figure I still can sell it for close to $20,000.00.

Terry
N6401F