Old July 20th 03, 10:51 AM
MikeM

Mark Hudgens wrote:

Has any one changed the landing and taxi lights on the tr182? I have 100w
28 volt lamps on my 82 tr182 and have temp replaced with 250W......any
comments?

This will cause the Landing light circuit breker to blow at the most
innoportune time!!!

I had this happen to me on our CAP TR182. I was flying a search dog
team to Escalante, UT at 3:00am. 1L7 has a black hole approach.
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/1L7). The landing lights went off
on short final, and I landed using only the runway edge marker lights.

Come to find out that some idiot had replaced the specified 100W
landing lamp with a 250 Watter.

My recollection (but it has been a few years) is that when the breaker
tripped it took out both the landing light and taxi light...
If you do the math, the current drawn by (250+100)/28 exceeds the 10A
rating of the breaker.

MikeM
Skylane '1mm
Pacer '00z