Old April 19th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default official sunset/sunrise

On Apr 19, 9:05*am, PK wrote:
Since most of us that fly cross country (or locally as weel), and are
restrained by the FAR's to be on the ground before sunset *assuming
that we don't have position lights. Since most of us use some kind of
navigational devise (SeeYou, Glide Navigator, WinPilot etc.), I am
wondering if any of these programs utilize some data showing sunset at
the region one happens to be in? I am running WinPilot, and not aware
of of any data availabe in conjunction with it. What is everybode else
doing?? 6PK

SeeYou Mobile displays sunrise and sunset on one of the stats pages.

There are various (free) sunrise/sunset calculators for the iPhone and
probably other platforms.

The US Naval observatory will generate tables you can print out if you
need an "official" time.

Darryl