Old February 20th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
bdl

Default Nose Strut O-Ring Was Bad...

On Feb 8, 9:32 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Total: $65. Not bad at all, in aviation terms...

We just did our's in our Archer last Friday. After constantly putting
nitrogen in the nose strut, we arranged for our A&P to replace the
seals. We filled it up again and one of my partner and I took off
runway 16 at 1H0 to go over to our A&P at KSUS.

Right after lift off I hear this "bang", not loud, but not something
you want to hear in a airplane. Went around the traffic pattern,
didnt' see that we lost anything on the runway, so we decided to head
over to SUS. Did a low approach for the tower, and they confirmed
that we still had a nose gear. Landed, and it was down to the
stops. Figure'd the bang was either the nose strut fully extending,
or a piece of ice that he must have hit on the runway during the
takeoff roll.

An hour later and everything is great.
-- Brian