Old February 26th 04, 09:23 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
. 7...
fudog50 wrote
IIRC, the only indicator that had both pitot and static inputs
was the VSI/Rate of climb indicator and the internal bellows in the
gauge performed the differential action. Airspeed has pitot inputs
only. Baro Alt. has static port input only. Wish I could draw you a
diagram on here, it would explain everything.

Ummmm.....I think that you definately DO NOT recall correctly!
Static Pressure feeds Altimeter, Airspeed, and VSI.
Pitot Pressure feeds only Airspeed.

The Pitot Pressure from the Pitot Tube is a combination of Static
and RAM pressure.

You remember wrong, as usual, Bob.

IAS is one pressure subtracted from the other.

Since the 1960s, large airliners have used a pitot port and a static port.

The Bombardier GBX being a notable exception to modern pitot/static systems,
with it's prominent nose boom and pitot tube.