Old December 23rd 03, 01:26 AM
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
Cub Driver wrote:
This reminds me of the pal in Maine who urged me to buy a Saab because
the dealers were so obliging that they always loaned him a car when
his was in the shop for repairs.

I refrained from mentioning that if he'd bought a Honda, it wouldn't
have to go into the shop.

Neither have my Davey Clarks.

In fairness, your David Clarks are likely less complex than the Bose,
particularly if they are passive sets. Not sure what today's Bose ANR
sets are like, but I was disappointed in the ones I tried a few years
ago.

And despite what Honda owners claim, I have yet to see a Honda that
didn't have to go to the shop for unscheduled visits. My wife's Honda
was in the shop for unscheduled maintenance at least 3 times with fairly
expensive problems, at least one of which was a Honda design defect (I
believe it was the oil seal retaining clip recall, where the seal would
pop and dump all of your oil overboard, which happened to my wife at
night in a not-so-good location... but hey, they're so great they even
run without oil, right?) We finally ditched the car at 115k miles
because, despite being front wheel drive, it wasn't worth crap in even
so much as a dusting of snow.

JKG