Old April 17th 04, 12:48 AM
me

Steve R. wrote:

job was easy again.

Several people had told me cautionary tales about their experiences with

"point fixation" over the water, desert, and remote areas,

but I'd never seen the effect before. Its really something to be careful

about because the effect is much sronger than you'd ever

believe possible.

Bart

Bart
The same can happen when coming out of a cloud bank and no ground
lights. The stars can give the appearance of being the ground lights
and you are inverted! Of course a skilled pilot will recognize the
situation and not roll over but it sure has happened. Out over water
or jungle, or large areas of desert.....
Fly Safe
Ol Shy & Bashful

Please excuse a little change in the subject. I mention this only because
the subject happened to come up a week or so ago, but, does anyone think
this "might" have played a part in JFK Jr's accident? He was a relatively
new pilot and might have easily succumbed to such a phenomenon.

Just wondering?
Fly Safe,
Steve R.

This has attributed to fatal accidents. Paying too much attention
visual without referencing your instruments in these situations can be
fatal.

rm