Old January 30th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default O-360 sticking valve update

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:46:17 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Erg. There's gotta be a better way than having three people (one compressing
valve springs, one pushing the rod, and the other wiggling the rocker arm) futzing
with it. Given that we were going to really *do* anything to the lifters even if we
removed them, I didn't figure it was worth taking the tubes out and having to get new
seals.

I've got a 6 # sledge with an 18" handle, labelled E-18 only (sort of
an inside joke). The butt end of the handle is beat to crap from it's
application to waaaay more rocker arms than I care to think about.

The drill is to make sure the p-rod, rocker & pin + rotator cap is
liberally coated w/assembly lube, start the pin in the boss, poke it
the p-rod. make sure the rotator is in place.

Put the rocker in place, place the butt of the handle directly over
the rocker tip, place the sledge head in the middle of your sternum,
apply adequate pressure by leaning inward and poke in the pin.

Wait 'til you have to do a set of splayed valves, they've got a thrust
washer to line up also...

TC