Old June 26th 17, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]

Default Anyone get hassled for exceeding max car and trailer length?

At 08:35 26 June 2017, Duster wrote:
Though several references state the Oregon limit is well beyond your 60'
co=
mbo, I think you meant you'd be 10' over a 50' max (not 10")?
Nevertheless,=
some references have it as a 65' max, with some selected highways 60',
50'=
or shorter. As for Mr. Kelly driving well over most state's combo limit
fo=
r many years and getting away with it. Have you thought about the risk

you
=
put on some sleeping baby's life or yours if you were to jackknife? Are
you=
sure your insurance company will pay physical/medical claims when the
fore=
nsic police report discovers you were pulling a 73' rig? Good thing the
adj=
usters are too dumb to perform a simple internet search to evidence your
pu=
blic boasting here in social media!

In UK we are fortunate in having one law for the whole country!
And regardless of any UK national limit on length, Glider Trailers come
under an exemption as a "Normally Indivisible Load".