Old December 2nd 04, 04:40 AM
T.Roger

A deposit isn't the problem for me. I just don't want to deposit money into
a mystery venture, as the aircraft sellers would want me to do.

"Dude" wrote in message
As someone else said, there are plenty of tire kickers asking plane
sellers for demo flights. I have seen this happen before, and there is
likely something about your approach that is making them think you are not
a serious buyer.

Also, many insurers balk at student pilots, especially on a Cirrus. At any
rate, tell us where you are, or how to contact you and maybe I can help
you out. I know a few low people in high places, and would be happy to
help you.

I went through all sorts of frustration buying my first new plane. I even
got stood up for an appointment after traveling halfway across the country
to see a plane. Then with barely an apology, they started twisting my arm
for a deposit over the phone!

OTOH, the guy I bought my plane from was top notch, and I still call him
every now and then to say hi. The best and the worst seem to get into
aviation, and not that much in between.

You do not have to buy the plane buy year end to get bonus depreciation
"T.Roger" wrote in message
. com...
I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to
buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the tax
write-off about to expire at year end.

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy. But if you don't have your ticket they don't want to
know you. They take the position that I should secure the financing for
the
particular plane before I demo. I take the position that I'm not going
waste my time if I'm not in love with the plane. I tell them that I'm
relegated to buying a C172 because that's the only plane I know and
they're
not making it easy for me to consider anything else. They take the
position
that "...every customer who's bought their 'so-and-so-brand-plane' has
never
regretted it and has never gone back to a C172. I say: kiss my a**: if
I'm
going to effort to run around trying to convince a bank to finance my
purchase @ $200,000 or more (you know what that's like) then I want to
know
what in hell I'm buying!! They're sort of saying: marry me and then
you'll
find out if you love me.

So far, I haven't had one demo since I started the search in August.
I thought GA was hurting; I guess not.

I train in C172's, and I guess that's what Cirrus, Piper and Tiger want
me
to buy because they don't seem interested in my business.