Old March 25th 15, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Schneider

Default Car/Truck to pull glider trailer

Hi Bill,

Once you have narrowed down your search, look at the towing capacities of the vehicles. Some will even say (ie. Honda Civic), "not recommended for towing". I am on the bubble with mine in respect to towing (2.5l Outback) but with the bigger engine, I could tow more (bigger brakes?) and with trailer brakes, I could tow more. Anything can tow going down the highway at 60-70 mph but not anything can stop/slow down in time.

mas