Old November 28th 16, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Sale today on 12 Volt flexible solar panel

krasw wrote on 11/27/2016 12:03 AM:
On Saturday, 26 November 2016 17:16:00 UTC+2, Jonathan St. Cloud
wrote:
Not exactly. I know a guy who has a radio, transponder, Butterfly
vario, LX9070, S80, Flarm, V3 vario and a strobe built into the
vertical fin, that can either act as a strobe or only strobe with a
Flarm alert. All that stuff takes about four hours to go through
one lithium battery with two factory installed solar panels topping
up the battery. Good thing he has two and possibly three batteries
(if he is not going to use the engine).

Hmmm. One could also install small generator in glider to drive set
of christmas lights and espresso machine in cockpit.

I have e-vario, flarm, radio, PDA power and flarm display with small
8 Ah LiFePo4. It takes 11 hrs to run dry. Other similar battery is
waiting in reserve. I could easily install similar physical size
LiFePos with 30-40 hrs of current. That would be a week of gliding.

I have a Butterfly vario, Flarm, radio, Mode C transponder, iGlide on
iPhone 6, all of which add up to about 1.4 amps, double your current
draw. My panel is not extravagant, not even including a backup vario. I
wish I had a solar panel(s) to extend the duration the instrument
battery, and charge it on the ground (exchanging batteries is impractical).

email me)