Old July 16th 04, 09:37 AM
Mike MacKinnon

Peter Kemp wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:34:39 +0100, "Jackie Mulheron"
wrote:

In article , Peter Kemp
writes:
If Bonnie auld Scotland did ever split, I see them (if you haven't
guessed I'm not a native Scottish speaker) more as an Ireland (minimal
forces except for peacekeping and EEZ patrol), than a Sweden
(extremely large and competant forces for the size of economy and
population).

Hell, why not an Israel? Bigger population and no occupation
commitments...unless you include parts of Lanarkshire and the Glesga Strip.

Small problem - to be an Israel you need to be beating the crap out of
the indiginous population (any Picts left?) and of couse get Billions
from the US to subsidise it all. I don't see the Scottish lobby having
a lot of power in Congress at the moment.

Peter Kemp

Yeah, I think we're a bit too well educated and western oriented to be
like Israel or any Arab country. I mean, we do have some small
problems with religious loonies but not as much as those eejits have.
Let's face it, Arabs bomb Israelis and Israelis bomb Arabs. And why?
Coz they're a different religion. They'll tell you it's about land,
but it's all about religion at the bottom line.

We should go a little further and make any form of religious
proselytising a crime. Then all your loony Catholics, Protestants,
Islamists, Jews and any other w*nker could be safely locked up.

IMHO, religion is personal and should be kept as such.